Friday, January 27, 2012

Rick Santorum = gut wrenching stomach pain

TO QUOTE WIKI


Fuel tax credit

In February 2006 Time Magazine described a synthetic-fuel tax-credit amendment that Santorum added to a larger bill "a multibillion-dollar scam" that benefited "a small group of the politically well connected."[58] A Santorum aide said a reason the senator pushed the amendment was because it could lower the price of coke which was "important to the steel industry, which employs thousands of Pennsylvanians..."[58]

Foreign policy

Santorum is a supporter of the War on Terror and shares the views of neoconservatives and the Bush Doctrine in regards to foreign policy. He says the war on Terror can be won and is optimistic about the U.S. occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan for the long-term.
He sponsored the Syria Accountability Act of 2003, which required Syria to end all engagement in Lebanon and cease all support for terrorism. He originally wanted to go further with the bill, asking for the United States to create economic sanctions on Syria if it did not do so.[59] In June 2006, Santorum declared that weapons of mass destruction (WMDs) had been found in Iraq.[60] Santorum's declaration was based, in part, on declassified portions of the U.S. Army Intelligence and Security Command.[61] The report stated that coalition forces had recovered approximately 500 weapons munitions that contain degraded or vacant mustard or sarin nerve agent casings. The specific weapons he referred to were chemical munitions dating back to the Iran–Iraq War that were buried in the early 1990s. The report stated that while agents had degraded to an unknown degree, they remained dangerous and possibly lethal.[60] However, officials of the Department of Defense, CIA intelligence analysts, and the White House have all explicitly stated that these expired casings were not part of the WMDs threat that the Iraq War was launched to contain.[62]
In 2005, Santorum sponsored the Iran Freedom and Support Act, which appropriated $10 million aimed at regime change in Iran. The Act passed with overwhelming support. However, Santorum nevertheless voted against the Lautenberg amendment, which would have closed the loophole that allows companies like Halliburton to do business with Iran through their foreign affiliates.[63] He said Iran was at the center of "much of the world's conflict" but was opposed to direct military action against the country in 2006.



It absolutely drives me insane that people can even contemplate him as a Presidential Candidate. Let's take a look at reality shall we?? At this present moment in time, think about where you are sitting. What you are doing. Just to be fair, I will do the same. At this present moment in time, I'm sitting here on my bed with my white cat Bliss in front of me just beyond my laptop screen and Miss Sox is on my right just chilling on my phone and math book. What if...at this present moment in a time a bomb dropped right outside your residence. Then another...and another...and another...What would you do? How would you react? How would I react? I have a no freaking idea. But I'd probably take my cats and head to the basement. ...Or else get in my car with them and get the fuck outta there(situations vary) It is a VERY real possibility that my generation WILL WITNESS WORLD WAR 3. Please know that I am trying, against odds and living my own life, to prevent that from happening. There are many people out there who also trying to do this. They know, they have awakened to what our world has turned into. I am getting off subject here, but what I am trying to say is that any candidate running for President in the 2012 election that are going to continue these rediculous wars need to just be forgotten about. We need to get our country back to the safe nation it was when I was growing up as a child for the most part. Right now, there are millions of people over in Iraq and Libya, and Korea, Vietnam...they all have stories upon stories they could tell you about the atrocities  committed onto them by our own soldiers and legislatures and just general speaking...anyone who gives orders to American militia. Our own citizens could tell you stories. I could tell you stories. I have many stories...
On with my point. The reason I use Santorum is because he seems to be getting a little more attention every day and that just scares me. He is a puppet. He will not do what the people need him to do. He will not care for the current financial situation that needs to end sooner than later. He is just not a good candidate at all. He should not even be on the ballot, nor anyone who thinks these wars should continue.
It's a difficult thing having a loved one over seas. It's more difficult when you can't connect with them anymore because of what they have seen and won't share with you. As a person, we lose touch with our emotions when we're subjected to so much death or heart ache. The stress that our soldiers and their families incur is not only unwanted but more importantly it is completely and utterly for no reason other than to profit war mongers such as Bush, he has oil profits from Iraq if anyone didn't know. Another fun fact I want to add is that when 9/11 occurred, when the Taliban took over, that made our contract for oil obsolete. Therefore, because we want the oil we made the terrorist, then because the pipeline that supplies the oil goes through Iraq, we attacked there. Now I'm hearing another ongoing strategy was to surround Iran. I'm so confused by the games that our government plays but I do understand the game they are playing. It's a game that if you have to play, you want to be the gambler. Which is exactly what our current government does I feel. They gamble with their profits while innocent people lose their life so that they can keep betting on how long the money will trickle from these stupid irresponsible wars for no reason other to say "look what I can do." Pretty soon, we are going to be the ones bleeding...and when I mean bleeding, I mean holding your children in the streets dead, dying, and bleeding. It is going to be bad and we need to eliminate any candidate for war. We need to promote Peace and Love and to just Let It Be. (Ron Paul 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment